Here’s a list of key dates and reminders to help you prepare for Travel Exchange.
- Get registered | Reserve your hotel room
- Book your flight and save with the Delta discount code NY2FH
- Request Appointments | Appointment request system is open Oct. 14 – Nov. 4
- Signup for sightseeing tours
- Attend first-timers dinner | Tuesday, Dec. 10; Location: TBD
- Check out the First-timers page
- Bring these
- Business Cards (200+)
- Profile forms (200+)
- Traffic generators (giveaways, games, drawings, etc.)
- GR Breakfast Bistro | $75 | Wednesday, Dec. 11; 8 a.m.
- Tourism Rocks | $50 in advance | Tuesday, Dec. 10; Location & Time: TBD
Not all sponsorships include an exhibit booth. Refer to sponsor contract to confirm
- Booth set-up time: Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tear down time: Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019, after 5:15 p.m.
- What’s included (table, chairs, waste can, ID sign, carpet, tablecloth, etc.)
- Exhibitor Kit (order extras for your booth: plants, furniture, A/V, electric)
- Traffic generator (Giveaways, games, drawings, etc. Let us know what you’re planning and we’ll include it in the official program so attendees will know what you’re offering. Especially on Sunday afternoon reception when buyers won’t be in appointments)
- One of your benefits is a list of attendees. You can request this at any time by emailing Abbie Long. Email buyers in advance about your destination, and invite them to stop by your booth, etc.
Now awarding … The TREXies!
Sponsors at Travel Exchange work hard to make their booths inviting and informative, and they go out of their way to provide cool, creative items or tasty treats. Mmmmm … treats. It’s high time we recognize the standouts! Starting at TREX ’19 in Fort Worth, NTA will present The TREXies, honoring the outstanding sponsor booths in four categories:
- Best giveaways (appeal of branded items distributed at booth)
- Most interactive (effectiveness of staff, materials, displays, giveaways, etc.)
- Tastiest treat (Hits. The. Spot.)*
- Best of Show (overall appearance and effectiveness—and welcoming setting)
Serving as judges are the very people sponsors are targeting: NTA buyers. Tour operators and travel planners will be given ballots—and plenty of opportunities—to visit sponsor booths and vote for one booth in each category. One lucky voter will win $100, and on Tuesday afternoon, the lucky sponsor winners will be awarded TREXie regalia to display during the remaining time in Fort Worth.
*For official TREX refreshment sponsors only. All refreshments must be approved by NTA and the convention center in advance.