Tour Supplier appointment info
- Request appointments
- Make direct requests
- Update my profile (You can do this 24/7, 365 days a year)
Suppliers have seven-minute, prescheduled appointments with tour operators at Travel Exchange. In this one-on-one business format, the tour operators are seated in booths, and tour suppliers visit them for their appointments.
Appointment scheduling 101
The more requests you make, the greater your chance to receive more appointments. If you only submit 20 out of 60 requests, you only have 20 chances for an appointment to be scheduled, instead of 60. View this Todd Talk to get step-by-step instructions on how the appointment request system works.
Did you know the online system is customized specifically for you? When you login, operators who don’t package your area are removed from your list which saves you time in your research. (But they still can request an appointment with you.)
View previous schedules: After you login, you’ll see a new “previous schedules” button. Click the button to see all your prior convention schedules that exist for your organization (These will include appointment schedules from 2004 to present, and will only include prescheduled appointments, not appointments made on-site).
Upload a PDF: If you want to promote show specials or other special features about your product, you can upload a PDF. Potential appointment matches will be able to view your PDF directly from the search screen.
Supplier Exchange appointment days
Suppliers who had appointments on Wednesday in Fort Worth will have them on Thursday in Reno Tahoe. Suppliers who had appointments on Thursday in Fort Worth will have them on Wednesday in Reno Tahoe.
- Tour Operators (registered as sellers)
- Corporate Partner
- Multiple Service
- Passenger Vesssel
- Motorcoach Operator
Profile form guidelines
Your organization’s profile is your key promotional tool at Travel Exchange. Check out this profile form example!
Market your organization with two profiles—one online and one on-site.
Online profile: Use your NTA Online profile to let buyers know about your organization. Buyers will do research before Travel Exchange to find the members with whom they want to meet. Your Travel Exchange appointments are likely to be better quality if you’ve taken the time to update your profile to accurately reflect your business. Don’t forget to upload photos! Update your profile today. You’ll need your NTA login and password. Don’t remember your log-in or password? Email NTA HQ for a quick reset!
On-site profile: In addition to your business card (by the way, we recommend bringing 200), your on-site profile form is the one marketing tool you can leave behind with buyers during appointments.
WHEN PREPARING YOUR PROFILE, MAKE SURE YOUR FORM IS:
- No longer than one page, front and back.
- Three-hole punched.
- Branded with your state/province in upper right-hand corner.
- Year and location of Travel Exchange (Travel Exchange ’20 – Reno Tahoe).
- Your organization name, address, phone, email and website.
- Your contact name(s), specifically Travel Exchange attendees.
- NTA member category (tour supplier, DMO, dual member, associate).
- Description of your company/property/destination/product).
- Location information/maps.
- Group requirements and policies.
- Provisions or amenities of interest to tour operators.
- Available marketing tools.
How to distribute your profile form
- Bring at least 200 copies of your profile form to Reno Tahoe.
- Give a profile form to the buyers at each business appointment.
- The distribution of any materials other than your profile form and business card is not allowed during business appointments.
- Upload it to the Travel Exchange mobile app for easy access at any time.
Questions? Contact NTA’s Member Solutions team via email or call us at +1.859.264.6540 or 800.682.8886 (U.S. and Canada).