WHAT’S NEW AT TRAVEL EXCHANGE ’19
Travel Exchange ’18 and its open, colorful floor was fresh and innovative, you said—energetic and inviting. And fresh feels right. So at Travel Exchange ’19 in Fort Worth, you’ll see even more innovations to help you connect with NTA colleagues and build business. Here’s what’s new:
- Buyers will be seated all week, making it easier for them to do business—and easier for sellers to find them.
- All DMO appointments—the seven-minute prescheduled ones, anyway—will take place on Monday.
- On Tuesday, buyers are appointment-free, so sellers can connect with them in seminars and on the floor—during lunch and booth-browsing.
- On appointment-free Tuesday, all members can participate in education seminars.
- Also on Tuesday, there will be two new ways for buyers and sellers to connect: Sales Mission and Best Pitch.
Sales Mission: A 15-minute presentation made by several DMOs to a group of six or more buyers. A Sales Mission can include suppliers at the invitation of the mission’s leader, a state or provincial DMO (with accommodations made for DMOs whose state or provincial DMO doesn’t attend). Learn more
Tuesday: Session 1, 9:15 a.m.; Session 2, 10:30 a.m.
Best Pitch: A 90-minute session for National Tourism Office reps to each give a five-minute overview of travel to their country to an audience of 20-plus buyers. (Talk for three minutes and answer questions for two). At NTA’s discretion, a DMO or receptive tour operator may also represent a country. Learn more
Tuesday: 1 p.m.
Buyers can attend all three sessions: two Sales Mission hours and one Best Pitch session. To be rebate-eligible, a buyer must attend two of the three sessions.
Now awarding … The TREXies!
Sponsors at Travel Exchange work hard to make their booths inviting and informative, and they go out of their way to provide cool, creative items or tasty treats. Mmmmm … treats. It’s high time we recognize the standouts! Starting at TREX ’19 in Fort Worth, NTA will present The TREXies, honoring the outstanding sponsor booths in four categories:
- Best giveaways (appeal of branded items distributed at booth)
- Most interactive (effectiveness of staff, materials, displays, giveaways, etc.)
- Tastiest treat (Hits. The. Spot.)*
- Best of Show (overall appearance and effectiveness—and welcoming setting)
Serving as judges are the very people sponsors are targeting: NTA buyers. Tour operators and travel planners will be given ballots—and plenty of opportunities—to visit sponsor booths and vote for one booth in each category. One lucky voter will win $100, and on Tuesday afternoon, the lucky sponsor winners will be awarded TREXie regalia to display during the remaining time in Fort Worth.
*For official TREX refreshment sponsors only. All refreshments must be approved by NTA and the convention center in advance.