- The registration fee is per person and includes official NTA programmed events, materials, social events and meal functions as outlined in the schedule. The fee does not include transportation, housing or fund-raising events, such as Tourism Rocks and the Government Relations Breakfast Bistro
- You may choose to be invoiced for your registration fee, but all invoices must be paid within 30 days. All fees must be paid in full in order to pick up convention name badge.
- Super Saver registration fee ($1,295) is valid through June 26. Invoices must be paid by July 26 or registration fee will increase to the next pricing tier ($1,595) and is subject to new payment deadline.
- Early-bird registration fee ($1,595) is valid through July 30. Invoices must be paid within 30 days or registration fee will increase to the next pricing tier ($1,695) and is subject to new payment deadline.
- All registration fees must be paid in full by Dec. 8 to check in at registration and receive event badge.
- Spouses/companions may register to participate in evening social events and sightseeing tours, as space allows. Registration is intended for attendee spouses, other relatives and friends. They are not available for member company employees or for individuals employed by companies eligible for NTA membership. Tourism Cares is a separately-ticketed event, and is not included in the Spouse/Companion pass.
- Day or event passes and partial registrations are not available for sale.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age and an employee or contractor of the member organization and must receive income for his/her service and/or serve as a member of the organization’s governing body.
Refunds and Cancellations
- NTA accepts requests for refunds/cancellations made in writing on company letterhead to NTA Headquarters. These may be faxed to NTA at +1.859.264.6570.
- Refunds are not available for late arrivals, unused services, unattended events or early termination of attendance.
- Refunds are not available for fundraising or ticketed events.
- For cancellation due to illness of registrant, please supply a physician’s statement to receive a refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
- All hotel cancellations must be made with the housing bureau or hotel. NTA is not responsible for processing any housing cancellations. It is recommended that you obtain written confirmation of your cancellation.
Refund and Cancellation Schedule
If a registration has not been paid, the company is still responsible for the portion of the registration fee that is not refundable.
Fort Worth Schedule
- 100% refund: written request received by June 17, 2019
- 50% refund: written request received between June 18 and July 31, 2019
- 25% refund: written request received between Aug. 1 and Oct. 4, 2019
- Refunds will not be granted on written requests received after Oct. 4, 2019
Tour & Travel Exchange® Policies
Full Exchange participation (i.e. business appointments) is limited to NTA registrants, a registration form and applicable fees must be submitted to NTA. Eligibility for tour suppliers and DMOs is based on the number of tour operators participating in the Exchange. Placement is based on a first-received, first-confirmed basis. If the Exchange fills, a waiting list will be established. Those placed on this list will be notified of their final Exchange status prior to the conclusion of the appointment scheduling process.
NTA members are asked to adhere to the following policies and regulations:
- Tour suppliers and DMOs are asked not to contact tour operators prior to the Travel Exchange to fill any open appointments, except through the Direct Request scheduling system. Any appointment times that are not scheduled through Direct Request scheduling may be filled on site. This gives all attendees an equal chance to schedule an appointment on site.
- Tour operators and travel agents who are registered as buyers may not sell during Exchange appointments. The purpose of the Tour & Travel Exchange is to provide destination and tour component information to tour operators for the purpose of making informed buying decisions. If a tour operator company or travel agent would like representation in the Tour & Travel Exchange to sell its services, a tour supplier registration is required. Tour operators or travel agents who register as a buyer and are found to be selling services will be billed the seller registration fee of $1695 USD.
- You must be present for all appointments. In the event of an emergency, contact an NTA staff member.
- Conclude your Exchange appointments on time.
- The only handouts permitted in the Exchange are business cards and a one-page company profile.
Tour Operator and Travel Agent Rebate
Tour operators and travel agents who participate in the Tour & Travel Exchange as an appointment taking buyer are eligible for a post-Convention rebate up to a maximum of US$650 for combined travel and lodging expenses, which includes reimbursement of up to US$325 for the use of airline tickets purchased with frequent flyer rewards. To be eligible for this rebate, tour operators and travel agents must meet the following criteria:
- Must register as a full Tour & Travel Exchange buyer participant before Oct. 11, 2019.
- Must update their Company Profile form via NTAonline.com by Oct. 11, 2019.
- Attendance and participation in all scheduled appointments is required.
- Stay at one of the NTA convention hotels.
- Participate in at least 2 of the 3 new networking opportunities on Tuesday.
Tour operators and travel agents who register as a buyer after Oct. 11, 2019 (item 1 above), but have met all other criteria (items 2 & 3 above), will be eligible for a partial rebate of up to US$325 for combined travel and lodging expenses (see regulations below).
The rebate will be based on validation by NTA of Tour & Travel Exchange attendance and meeting the above requirements. Tour operators or travel agents who arrive late, depart early, miss scheduled appointments or violate Exchange policies are ineligible for a rebate.
NTA does not allow private/by-invitation events to be held during scheduled NTA functions/events.
Organizations intending to hold a private/by-invitation event must inform NTA in writing by Oct. 4, 2019. NTA reserves the right to postpone or delay any private function conflicting with an official NTA function.
Official NTA Convention attire [sports jackets (tie optional), dress slacks, dress shirts and dress shoes for men; dress slacks or skirt, dress blouse or sweater and dress shoes for ladies] is required during all business hours unless otherwise specified. Delegates not adhering to this policy will be asked to return to their hotels to change into appropriate attire. Sponsors and exhibitors may wear themed/logo apparel to their sponsored event(s) and in their exhibit booths. Casual attire is suggested for sightseeing tours.
NTA encourages attendees to download the Travel Exchange ’19 app, which is available on your iTunes App Store or Google Play by searching “Travel Exchange ’19.” The app contains a daily schedule, prescheduled appointments, sponsor list, floor map, social media feed, a messaging function, event updates and more. When in educational sessions or during appointments, please be courteous and silence your phone. Use #TREX19 for social media to contribute digitally and stay connected to your friends during the show. Then watch how NTA uses all the social fun in upcoming promotions. Your tweets and posts could be featured in Travel Exchange Daily, Tuesday, Courier and more!
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Children, including infants, under the age of 18 are not permitted.
NTA staff will be glad to help you with any special needs (e.g., physical, dietary, etc.). Please note this information on the registration form.
Waiver of Liability
The individual, by completing its registration application, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NTA and the officers, directors, employees and agents of NTA from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees to which NTA or the officers, directors, employees or agents of NTA may become subject or liable as a result of or arising out of, directly or indirectly, any action or conduct of the tour operator or of any agents, guests, licensees, employees or invitees of the tour operator while attending or traveling to and from the Convention, including, but not limited to accidents, theft, physical injury, death, fire or otherwise.
Attendee and the employee delegates of the represented company agree to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law to release and waive claims against NTA and the officers, directors, employees and agents of NTA and to discharge them from any losses, obligations, costs and expenses arising from or due to personal injuries or loss of property of the company and its employee delegate while the company or its employee delegate is in attendance at the Convention or traveling to or from the Convention, whether or not caused or contributed to, by, or related to any fault or negligence of NTA, its officers, directors, employees or agents, except as to acts or omissions caused by the intentional, willful, or gross and reckless conduct of NTA and/or its employees acting within the scope of their employment with NTA. These provisions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable law and any interpretation or construction hereof shall be governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and not the laws of conflict.
I agree to the use of my photograph or video of myself by NTA, free of charge, in connection with photography or video created by or for NTA and used for promotional purposes.