- The registration fee is per person and includes official NTA programmed events, materials, social events, and meal functions as outlined in the schedule. The fee does not include transportation, housing, or fund-raising events, such as Tourism Rocks and the Government Relations Breakfast Bistro.
- Spouses/companions may register to participate in evening social events. Registration is intended for attendee spouses, other relatives, and friends. They are not available for member company employees or for individuals employed by companies eligible for NTA membership.
- Day or event passes and partial registrations are not available for sale.
- Fees are per person and due at the time of registration. Any DMO in need of an invoice can contact Todd Probus at 859.264.6578 for special arrangements. All invoices are due within 30 days. All fees must be paid in full in order to attend Travel Exchange.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age and an employee or contractor of the member organization and must receive income for his/her service and/or serve as a member of the organization’s governing body.
- The Individual/Affiliate registration is intended for industry colleagues who wish to attend for networking and education. These attendees may not be employed by an NTA Member company.
- Attendees and their spouse/companion agree to abide by all rules and safety measures pertaining to Covid-19 during the event as outlined at the time of the event.
Refunds and Cancellations
- NTA accepts requests for refunds/cancellations made in writing on company letterhead to NTA Headquarters. These may be faxed to NTA at +1.859.264.6570.
- Refunds are not available for late registrations, unused services, unattended sessions, or early termination of attendance.
- Refunds are not available for fundraising events.
- For cancellation due to the illness of the registrant, please supply a physician’s statement to receive a refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
Refund and Cancellation Schedule
If your registration has not been paid, the member company is responsible for the portion of the registration fee that is not refundable.
Travel Exchange Schedule
- 100% refund: written request received by July 30
- 50% refund: written request received between July 31 and Sept. 3, 2021
- Registration paid* will be applied to TREX ‘22: written request received between Sept. 4 and Oct. 4, 2021 (*credit will be applied to member’s membership record; the balance will be due when registering for 2022 TREX unless other arrangements are made in advance.)
- No refunds or rollovers will be granted on requests received after Oct. 4, 2021.
Tour & Travel Exchange® Policies
Full Exchange participation (i.e. business appointments) is limited to NTA registrants, a registration and applicable fees must be submitted to NTA.
NTA members and their delegates/attendees are expected to adhere to the following policies and regulations:
- Tour suppliers and DMOs should not contact tour operators prior to the Travel Exchange to fill any open appointments, except through the Direct Request scheduling system.
- Tour operators may not sell during Exchange appointments. The purpose of the Tour & Travel Exchange is to provide destination and tour component information to tour operators for the purpose of making informed buying decisions. If a tour operator company would like representation in the Tour & Travel Exchange to sell its services, they must register that person at the prevailing seller rate. Tour operators who register as a buyer and are found to be selling services will be billed the seller registration fee.
- You must be present for all appointments. In the event of an emergency, contact an NTA staff member.
- Conclude your Exchange appointments on time.
- The only handouts permitted in the Exchange are business cards and a one-page company profile.
Tour Operator and Travel Agent/Planner Rebate
Tour operators and travel agents/planners who participate in the Tour & Travel Exchange as a full appointment taking buyer are eligible for a post-Convention rebate up to a maximum of US$650 for combined travel and lodging expenses, which includes reimbursement of up to US$325 for the use of airline tickets purchased with frequent flyer rewards. To be eligible for this rebate, tour operators and travel agents/planners must meet the following criteria:
- Must register as a full Tour & Travel Exchange buyer participant before Sept. 17, 2021.
- Must stay in an official NTA hotel.
- Must update their Company Profile form via NTAonline.com by Sept. 17, 2021.
- Attendance and participation in all scheduled appointments is required.
Tour operators who register as a buyer after Sept. 17, 2021 (item 1 above), but have met all other criteria (items 2 & 3 above), will be eligible for a partial rebate of up to US$325 for combined travel and lodging expenses (see regulations below).
The rebate will be based on validation by NTA of Tour & Travel Exchange attendance and meeting the above requirements. Tour operators who arrive late, depart early, miss scheduled appointments, or violate Exchange policies are ineligible for a rebate.
NTA does not allow private/by-invitation events to be held during scheduled NTA functions/events. Organizations intending to hold a private/by-invitation virtual event must inform NTA in writing by Sept. 30, 2021. NTA reserves the right to postpone or delay any private function conflicting with an official NTA function.
Official Travel Exchange attire [sports jackets (tie optional), dress slacks, dress shirts, and dress shoes for men; dress slacks or skirt, dress blouse or sweater, and dress shoes for ladies] is required during all business hours unless otherwise specified. Delegates not adhering to this policy will be asked to return to their hotels to change into appropriate attire. Please note that there may be a designated casual day (jeans are acceptable). Sponsors and exhibitors may wear themed/logo apparel to their sponsored event(s) and in their exhibit booths. Casual attire is suggested for sightseeing tours. Cocktail attire is suggested for the anniversary gala on Monday evening.
NTA encourages attendees to download the Travel Exchange ’21 app, which is available on your iTunes App Store or Google Play by searching “Travel Exchange ‘21.” The app contains a daily schedule, prescheduled appointments, sponsor list, floor map, social media feed, a messaging function, event updates, and more. When in educational sessions or during appointments, please be courteous and silence your phone. Use #TREX21 for social media to contribute digitally and stay connected to your friends during the show. Then watch how NTA uses all the social fun in upcoming promotions. Your tweets and posts could be featured in Travel Exchange Daily, Tuesday, digital Courier, and more!
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Children, including infants, under the age of 18 are not permitted.
NTA staff is available to assist you with any special needs (e.g., physical, dietary, etc.). Please note this information on the registration form.
Waiver of Liability
Attendee, by completing his or her registration application, assumes all risks of disease, illness, personal injury, sickness, and death, while attending or traveling to and from Travel Exchange; and acknowledges and agrees NTA can make and makes no guarantees, promises, or agreements of any type as to the safety or security of Attendee while attending or traveling to and from Travel Exchange, and Attendee assumes and accepts all risks in this regard. The Member, by completing and executing and delivering this Travel Exchange registration application, on behalf of itself and the Member’s Travel Exchange attendees, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NTA and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of NTA from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees to which NTA and/or the officers, directors, employees or agents of NTA may become subject or liable as a result of or arising out of, directly or indirectly, any action or conduct of you and/or your agents, guests, licensees, employees or invitees while attending, participating and/or traveling to and from Travel Exchange, including, but not limited to accidents, theft, physical injury, death, fire or otherwise. The Member, by completing and executing and delivering this Travel Exchange registration application, on behalf of itself and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees agree, jointly and severally, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to release and waive any and all claims against NTA and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of NTA and to discharge NTA and them from any losses, obligations, costs, and expenses arising from or due to personal injuries or loss of property of arising from and/or in relation to attendance, travel, participation in or to Travel Exchange, whether or not caused or contributed to, by, or related to any fault or negligence of NTA, its officers, directors, employees or agents, except as to acts or omissions caused by the intentional, willful, or gross and reckless conduct of NTA and/or its employees acting within the scope of their employment with NTA. These provisions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable law and any interpretation or construction hereof shall be governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and not the laws of conflict. By completing and executing and delivering the Member’s Travel Exchange registration application, the Member on behalf of itself and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees consent and agree, jointly and severally and for no compensation, to the use by NTA for all purposes of all images, photographs or videos of Member and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees.