- The registration fee is per person and includes official NTA programmed events, materials, social events, and meal functions as outlined in the schedule. The fee does not include transportation, housing, or fund-raising events.
- Spouses/companions may register to participate in sightseeing tours and evening social events. Registration is intended for attendee spouses, other relatives, and friends. They are not available for member company employees or for individuals employed by companies eligible for NTA membership.
- Day or event passes and partial registrations are not available for sale.
- Fees are per person and due at the time of registration.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age. Tour operators must be an employee or contractor of the registering organization and must receive income for his/her service and/or serve as a member of the organization’s governing body.
- Attendees and their spouse/companion shall abide by all currently effective safety precautions, rules, recommendations, and measures by reason of the Covid-19 virus, and/or any other infectious virus or disease.
Refunds and Cancellations
- NTA accepts requests for refunds/cancellations made in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
- Refunds are not available for late registrations, unused services, unattended sessions, or early termination of attendance.
- Refunds are not available for fundraising events or Sleep-in for GR.
- For cancellation due to the illness of the registrant, please supply a physician’s statement to receive a refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
Refund and Cancellation Schedule
If your registration has not been paid, the member company is responsible for the portion of the registration fee that is not refundable.
- 100% refund: written request received by August 1, 2023
- 50% refund: written request received between August 1 and September 29, 2023
- No refunds or rollovers will be granted on requests received after September 29, 2023
Tour & Travel Exchange® Policies
Full Exchange participation (i.e. business appointments) is limited to NTA registrants, a registration and applicable fees must be submitted to NTA.
NTA members and their delegates/attendees are expected to adhere to the following policies and regulations:
- Tour suppliers and DMOs should not contact tour operators prior to the Travel Exchange to fill any open appointments, except through the Direct Request scheduling system.
- Tour operators attending as buyers may not sell during Exchange appointments. The purpose of the Tour & Travel Exchange is to provide destination and tour component information to tour operators for the purpose of making informed buying decisions. If a tour operator company would like representation in the Tour & Travel Exchange to sell its services, they must register that person at the prevailing seller rate. Tour operators who register as a buyer and are found to be selling services will be billed the seller registration fee.
- You must be present for all appointments. In the event of an emergency, contact an NTA staff member.
- Conclude your Exchange appointments on time.
- The only handouts permitted in the Exchange are business cards and a one-page company profile.
Tour Operator and Travel Agent/Planner Rebate
NOTE: Amount rebated to each attendee will not exceed $250 U.S. – If you have not yet renewed your 2024 NTA membership, your rebate will be applied to your 2024 dues.
Tour operators and travel agents/planners who participate in the Tour & Travel Exchange as a full appointment taking buyer are eligible for a post-Convention rebate up to a maximum of US$250 USD to offset travel and lodging expenses, including the use of airline tickets purchased with frequent flyer rewards. To be eligible for this rebate, tour operators and travel agents/planners must meet the following criteria:
- Must register as a full Tour & Travel Exchange buyer participant before Aug. 31, 2023
- Must update their Company Profile form via NTAonline.com by Aug. 31, 2023.
- Must stay in an official NTA hotel.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled appointments.
- Attend and participate in Sales Missions and/or Best Pitch presentations.
Tour operators who register as a buyer after Sept. 22, 2023, but have met all other criteria (items 3, 4 & 5 above), will be eligible for a partial rebate of up to US$125 USD for combined travel and lodging expenses (see regulations below).
Travel and Lodging Expense Regulations
- Meals, alcohol, car rentals, fuel, mass transit, parking fees, taxi and toll fees are not reimbursable.
- Lodging expenses are limited to room and tax only at one of the NTA Travel Exchange hotels.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate.
- Total rebate of combined travel and lodging expenses will not exceed the maximum rebate allowance as outlined above.
The rebate will be based on validation by NTA of Tour & Travel Exchange attendance and meeting the above requirements. Tour operators who arrive late, depart early, miss scheduled appointments, or violate Exchange policies are ineligible for a rebate.
NTA does not allow private/by-invitation events to be held during scheduled NTA functions/events. Organizations intending to hold a private/by-invitation event must inform NTA in writing by Oct. 13, 2023. NTA reserves the right to postpone or delay any private function conflicting with an official NTA function.
Official Travel Exchange and ITMI Symposium attire is business casual. Attendees should dress for their professional comfort. Nice jeans with no holes or rips are permissible. Casual attire is recommended for sightseeing tours and evening events.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Children, including infants, under the age of 18 are not permitted.
NTA staff is available to assist you with any special needs (e.g., physical, dietary, etc.). Please note this information on the registration form.
Waiver of Liability
Attendee, by completing his or her registration application, assumes all risks of disease, illness, personal injury, sickness, and death, while attending or traveling to and from Travel Exchange; and acknowledges and agrees NTA can make and makes no guarantees, promises, or agreements of any type as to the safety or security of Attendee while attending or traveling to and from Travel Exchange, and Attendee assumes and accepts all risks in this regard. The Attendee, by completing and executing and delivering this Travel Exchange registration application, on behalf of itself and the Member’s Travel Exchange attendees, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NTA and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of NTA from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees to which NTA and/or the officers, directors, employees or agents of NTA may become subject or liable as a result of or arising out of, directly or indirectly, any action or conduct of you and/or your agents, guests, licensees, employees or invitees while attending, participating and/or traveling to and from Travel Exchange, including, but not limited to, theft, physical injury, death, fire or otherwise. The Member, by completing and executing and delivering this Travel Exchange registration application, on behalf of itself and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees agree, jointly and severally, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to release and waive any and all claims against NTA and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of NTA and to discharge NTA and them from any losses, obligations, costs, and expenses arising from or due to personal injuries or loss of property of arising from and/or in relation to attendance, travel, participation in or to Travel Exchange, whether or not caused or contributed to, by, or related to any fault or negligence of NTA, its officers, directors, employees or agents, except as to acts or omissions caused by the intentional, willful, or gross and reckless conduct of NTA and/or its employees acting within the scope of their employment with NTA. These provisions are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable law and any interpretation or construction hereof shall be governed by the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and not the laws of conflict. By completing and executing and delivering the Member’s Travel Exchange registration application, the Member on behalf of itself and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees consent and agree, jointly and severally and for no compensation, to the use by NTA for all purposes of all images, photographs or videos of Member and Member’s Travel Exchange attendees.